We are so excited that you have decided to take this journey to become an Authorized Peanut Ball Trainer. This will assist us to correctly train doulas, nurses and midwives on how to use the peanut ball. Together we can achieve the goal of getting a peanut ball in every labor and delivery and birthing center. We cannot do this without your help.
An Authorized Peanut Ball Trainer is a doula trainer, a nurse educator or a childbirth educator. The trainer has an educator background certification. They have also gone through this training course and process to learn how to teach the correct use of the peanut ball by Premier Birth Tools. You will receive a coupon to obtain items you will need to be an Authorized Peanut Ball Trainer. At the completion of the course, you will receive an Authorized Peanut Ball Trainer logo for your website and a certificate. You MUST be a Peanut Ball Ambassador first BEFORE applying to become an Authorized Peanut Ball Trainer and complete the requirements listed below.
Thank you for making my vision come true at Premier Birth Tools,
Cheri Grant RN, ICCE, CLC, ICD, CLD, CD BDT(DONA)
STEPS TO BECOME AN AUTHORIZED PEANUT BALL TRAINER
- You have to be a Peanut Ball Ambassador FIRST.
- Make sure you have completed the Peanut Ball Ambassador application.
- Make sure you have paid for Peanut Ball Ambassador Program.
- Make sure you have turned in at least four Hospital or Birthing Center Peanut Ball Information Forms.
- Send in head shot.
- Make sure you have your name on the List of Peanut Ball Ambassadors.
- Complete the Authorized Peanut Ball Trainer Application.
- You must be a childbirth educator, doula trainer, nurse, nurse educator, teacher, college professor or have another type of adult teaching background.
- You will be required to send proof of one of the above certifications BEFORE completing the course.
- If you do not have any of the above certifications, then please e-mail to see if you qualify for an exception with your background.
- Purchase Authorized Peanut Ball Trainer Course in the Store (MUST be purchased SEPARATELY from the other items below)
- The following are REQUIRED to have before starting the course:
- Peanut Ball PowerPoint – This is a PowerPoint used to provide in-services or training on how to use the peanut ball correctly. Perfect to use in hospitals for in-services.
- Peanut Ball Booklet
- Childbirth Set of 7 Charts that are 8×10
- Peanut Ball DVD
- Handout Tips for Nurses Using Peanut Balls
- Handout Peanut Ball Skills Lab Check off List
- Peanut Balls (our brand only) in all 4 sizes – 40cm, 50 cm, 60cm and 70cm
- Peanut Ball Cover – you choose which size you want
- Peanut Ball T-Shirt (Give Birth with Balls)
- Peanut Ball Home Birth Chart 8×10 – Shows Internal and External rotation of hips and how to place feet correctly on peanut ball
- Optional Items:
- Rebozo – Shows positions on peanut ball and how to carry it
- Massage Roller – How to use it with peanut ball
- Dancing for Birth DVD – Use it with the peanut ball
- Peanut Ball In-Service Packages
All items are located in the Premier Birth Tools online store.
You will receive a 30% off coupon code which can be used on your next order if you need additional items from the store. This can only be used ONCE and will ensure that you get all your items. Note – the Peanut Ball Hospital Starter Kit has most of these items you need to get started. There is no discount on the starter kit.
- Complete Course Below
The course contains the following steps:
- Step 1 Read Content
- What is a Peanut Ball?
- Types of Peanut Balls
- Safety With a Peanut Ball
- Covering the Peanut Ball
- Correctly Sizing a Peanut Ball
- Positions for the Peanut Ball
- Side Lying
- Tuck Position
- Semi Sitting
- Hands and Knees Fire Hydrant Positions
- Leaning Forward
- Sitting on Peanut Ball
- Pushing With a Peanut Ball
- New positions with Peanut Ball
- Research on the Peanut Ball
- Step 2 Content Quiz
- Step 3 Watch ALL YouTube Videos we assign
- Step 4 YouTube Video Quiz
- Step 5 Make your own YouTube video and it must be approved before posting
- You will have to make a YouTube video that we review and APRROVE before listing on your own YouTube channel teaching how to use the peanut ball correctly. It has to feature both the Original and New Peanut Ball Charts and where to get them.
- Step 6 Make a class outline and submit it
- Step 7 Watch the Peanut Ball PowerPoint and read articles we assign
- Step 8 Listen to Cheri Grant’s talk from the DONA convention OR Peanut Ball Evidence Podcast
- Step 9 Final Test
- Step 10 Conference call with Cheri Grant
- Step 11 Turn in all items required, completed lessons, steps, and quizzes. You can then receive the Certificate (available that one time only) and Authorized Peanut Ball logo
- Step 12 Read Benefits of Being a Peanut Ball Trainer
- Step 13 Understand Renewal Fee
- Step 14 Newsletter