Peanut Ball Book
Grant, Cheri (2022) Peanut Ball: Basic and Advanced Techniques for Use During Labor and Delivery Also on Amazon available as an e-book in color or print black and white.
Peanut Ball Articles
- Grant, Cheri. “Peanut Ball Informational L&D Nurse Packet“
- Honaker, Megan E. (2021) “The Use of a Peanut Ball During Labor in Nulliparous Term Singleton Vertex Pregnancies to Decrease the Primary Cesarean Rate: An Evidence-Based Practice Improvement Project“
- Klump, Jennifer S. (2017) “Use of the Peanut Ball to Reduce Cesarean Rate” (Publication No. 26) [Doctoral dissertation, University of Northern Colorado]
- Payton, Carol L., (2015) “Use of the Peanut Ball to Decrease First and Second Stages of Labor”
- Tussey, Botsios, Gerkin, Kelly, Gamez, Mensik, “Reducing Length of Labor and Cesarean Surgery Rate Using a Peanut Ball for Women Laboring with an Epidural” The Journal of Perinatal Education, 24(1), 16–24, http://dx.doi.org/10.1891/
Peanut Ball Resources
- Grant, C. B. & Clutter, L. B. (2014) The Peanut Ball: A Remarkable Labor Support Tool.International Doula, 22(4), 12-15. https://premierbirthtools.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/PeanutBallArticleInternationalDoula2014.pdf
- Grant, C. (2014). Peanut Ball Positions. Pictorial Poster. ©M&W Productions.
- Grant, C. B., Craig, B., & Rice, A. (2014). Length of labor reduced through use of peanut ball: A retrospective analysis. Unpublished data.
- Hill, A. (2012). The peanut ball and its effect on laboring women. Retrieved from http://www.cappa.net/documents/Articles/Peanut%20Ball.pdf
- Lythgoe, A. (2014). Peanut balls for labor—A valuable tool for promoting progress? Retrieved from http://www.scienceandsensibility.org/?p=8166
- Grant, C. B. & Clutter, L. B. (2015) Peanut Ball, Improving Options for Women Laboring With an Epidural. Australian Midwifery News, Spring ACN (2015), p. 36-37.
How Do Peanut Balls Support Labor?
The Peanut Ball and The Pelvis
Peanut Ball Videos
- Using the Peanut Ball by Your Birth
- Loveland’s McKee Medical Center. (October 2, 2013). Using the Peanut Ball During Labor & Delivery.
- This is a 3 part video on how to sizing the peanut ball correctly for your client by Heather Turner authorized peanut ball trainer: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5h501qK0oo8FMy1UdWJZf_Dt9vqTIgAl
- Mercy Medical Center- Des Moines and other Banner health facilities. (August 30, 2011). The peanut ball. Retrieved from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCmt4lHf-zs
- Olson Center for Women’s Health. (September 13, 2012). Midwives demonstrating relaxation techniques for labor. Retrieved from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1daFjsKH1M
- Perez, P. (2014). The Nurturing Touch at Birth: A Labor Support Handbook, 3rd Edition. Johnson, VT: Cutting Edge Press.
Original Peanut Ball Research
- Tussey, C. & Botsios, E. (2011). Decrease the length of labor with the use of a labor ball with patients that receive an epidural. Journal of Obstetric, Gynecological, & Neonatal Nursing, 40(Supplement s1), S105-S106. DOI: 10.1111/j.1552-6909.2011.01243_25.x https://awhonn.confex.com/awhonn/2011/webprogram/Paper6986.html
- ‘Peanut ball’ reducing C-section rate by Ken Alltucker – Sept. 4, 2011 12:00 AM–The Arizona http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/business/articles/2011/09/04/20110904banner-health-peanut-ball-reinvent.html